Indian Style Veg Hot Dog is a fusion take on the popular American Hog Dogs. With cheese and kababs, this makes a delicious evening snack for kids and elders alike.
It was the time when American food became popular and wherever you go, you are tempted with Pizzas, Burgers etc. We saw joints like Pizza hut competing with other restaurants and coming up with most exciting offers to attract people. Of course with the response they got, they were unable to have the offers running for long.
This becoming so popular, we ended up making these at home, what better way to enjoy, than preparing it ourselves. Of course Indianizing in the way. At one point we used to prepare pizzas, burgers so much, that folks at home started longing for Indian food. But my fascination towards pizzas, burgers is no end.
With pizzas, burgers, there were Veg types available, but items like Hot Dogs were basically prepared with beef or pork, there was no way I can try to make it. So I ended up with what’s my fav, Veggie Hot Dog.
Its been long time since I made this last. When I made it recently, it was welcomed well. Esp my daughter liked it a lot, so I guess I can trust to have somebody to have this the next time I make it.
Here you go..
Indian Style Veg Hot Dog
Serves : 4
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 2 medium – Potatoes
- 1 cup – Peas
- 2 medium – Carrots
- 1/2 cup – Maida
- 1 tsp – Chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Cheese (as required)
- Coriander Leaves (a little)
- Cooking Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup – Corn Flour
- Bread Crumbs (for coating)
For Hot Dog
- 8 – Long Buns
- Cheese (for garnishing)
- Tomato Sauce (as required)
- Pepper powder (as required)
Method to prepare:
- If you are using dried peas, then soak in water for 6 hrs min and cook to get soft ones. Carrot, potatoes can be boiled along with peas.
- Mix corn flour in water to get a dropping consistency. Get bread crumbs ready.
- Mix all the ingredients for patties. Roll them as long patties and dip in corn flour, then in bread crumbs.
- This can be either deep fried or shallow fried. I did a shallow fry as its better tasting.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan and place the long patties and add 1 tbsp to fry each patties.
- Once all the patties are ready, make a long slit on one side of the bun making sure its still intact.
- Apply sauce, grated cheese, then place the patties inside. Sprinkle generous amount of cheese if you like cheese on top of the patties.
- Bake it in oven or microwave until the cheese melts. Finally you can sprinkle pepper and sauce over the top before serving.
Your hot and cheesy Veg Hot Dog is ready. Enjoy!
For other recipes that you can make for Evening Snacks, you can check out the collection.
Other interesting Evening snacks from Spice your Life, can be checked in this collection.