Well I am sure your daily happenings are much more interesting than my usual routine, which when I think back, bores me to death. I really wonder how I can get away doing the same thing again and again and not feel I need to change it. Anyway that’s another post to ponder! Out of all, the worse thing I happen to miss is to record my boys’ hold on language getting better! I simply love their babbling. And when Chinnu tries to speak, I can visualize himself thinking clearing yet finding it hard to get the right word out. Guess the many languages he is being exposed too, is the culprit. He ends up using all the language he knows in one sentence!
Will try to record their antics soon, meanwhile let me share a simple cabbage dry curry that makes a great side dish for rice and dal!
Today’s Lunch Box had
Endumirapakaya Pappu ~ Dal with Red Chilli
Dry Cabbage Curry
Cumin pepper Rasam
Dry Cabbage Curry with Coconut, Green Chilies!
Cabbage – 250 gms
Onions – 1 small
Tomato – 1 medium (opt)
Coconut – 4 tbsp
Green Chillies – 3 -4 nos
Salt to taste
Mustard Seeds, Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 3 -4 nos
Oil – 2 tsp
Method to prepare:
- Chop cabbage very fine. Grind the coconut and green chilies to fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat a kadai with oil, temper with mustard seeds, urad dals, curry leaves. Then add chopped onions and saute it till pink.
- Then add the ground coconut, chili paste and fry till its well done. Mix well and add salt. If you are using tomatoes, add at this stage, else continue with the chopped cabbage.
- Simmer and cover with lid and cook for 10 mins. Stir in intervals to ensure the bottom does not get burnt.
- Cook till done. Its always good to leave the cabbage till crispy.
- Serve with rice and dal.