Ajwain Puri is a deep fried puffed Indian bread flavoured with carom seeds. These are cripsy delicious pooris served with side dishes like Amritsari Aloo or Chana Masala and Boondi Raita to make it a complete meal.
This Puri Flavoured With Carom Seeds is a very simple and easy Indian Bread to make and it surely is healthy as it has Ajwain Seeds added. Cooking a little longer will get you crispy texture that makes it a wonderful taste. You can serve this for breakfast or any meal along with side dishes.
This Punjabi Breakfast was one of the first ones I prepared for this theme. Since it involved puris, it was easy to decide. Sundays mostly end up being a brunch and I wanted to have some sweets included. Both were almost an afterthought and I had to come up with some instant versions.
The whole platter was most enjoyable as everything complemented and was a delicious one. Ajwain Poori is the featured dish in the Punjabi Breakfast Thali. On SYL, its another popular Street food menu!
Thalis & Platters
Week 1 - Platters for Elders
Week 2 - Thalis featuring Non Veg Regional Cuisines - Non Veg Thali
Chicken Donne Biryani - Non Veg Thali 1 for Day 1
Raju gari Kodi Pulao - Non Veg Thali 2 for Day 2
Mutton Biryani - Non Veg Thali 3 for Day 3
Mutton Dum Biryani - Non Veg Thali 4 for Day 4
Fish Curry - Non Veg Thali 5 for Day 5
Prawns Curry - Non Veg Thali 5 for Day 6
Week 3 - Thalis featuring Indian Flatbreads
Banarasi Kachori aur Sabzi Thali for Day 1
Bengali Dhakai Paratha Nasta Thali for Day 2
Bihari Chana Dal Puri aur Sabji Nasta Thali for Day 3
Gujarati Dhebra aur Sabzi Thali for Day 4
Punjabi Amritsari Kulcha Thali for Day 5
Rajasthani Tikkar aur Sabzi Thali for Day 6
Week 4 - Thalis featuring Breakfast from different Indian States
PIN This for Later!
Step By Step Pictures for Ajwain Poori
Ingredients Used to make Ajwain Puri
The main ingredients for making this poori is wheat flour along with ajwain.
Adding ghee to the dough makes it crispy. The turmeric powder is added for colour, though it is healthy to use.
Cooking for a minute more will ensure crispy pooris that are very tasty.
Ajwain Puri Recipe
- Rolling Pin
- Rolling Board
- Kadai for deep frying
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Ajwain / Carom seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
- In a wide bowl, take the wheat flour along with salt, turmeric powder, ghee, and ajwain. Mix everything well. Add warm water slowly to knead to a stiff dough.
- Heat a Kadai with oil for deep frying.
- Knead again and pinch out equal balls. Dust well and roll out to 6 inch diameter.
- Once the oil is hot, gently slide the pooris and press on the top for the pooris to puff up.
- Flip to the other side and cook.
- Once done, take out on a kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve your delicious puffed up Ajwain Puris with a side dish of your choice.
- I served it with Pindi Chole, Dal Fry along with Gajar Halwa and Rabdri for a delicious brunch.