Well, this is not about how the English think about Indian Curry. I rather liked the term Curry, so thought of having it as the name of this Edition. I have always wondered what to make to accompany Dosa, Idli, Chapati or even at times Rice. When dal is not the preferred item to include, you are left with no choice much. At least our south Indian cuisine to a certain extent. It's always either Sambar or Coconut chutney for Dosa or Idli. Or some dal for Chapatis. Or sambar for Rice
So here is an event, where you can showcase what different gravies you prepare for the different meal of the day. The gravy should be Non Lentil based. It can include legumes, dal, vegetables. But the base should not be thick dal, like in Sambar.
The Gravy cannot of the following
Chutneys, Podis, Sambars, Lentil Based or Dry Veggies (Stir fries, poriyals)
What is accepted:
The gravy base has to be liquid made with something other than Dal. It can be Coconut Based, Tamarind Based. And it can have dal in it as in Kootu.
The entries can be side dishes served for Dosas, Idlis, Pooris, Rotis (all variants), Rice. I guess that covers everything! It can be both Veg and Non-Veg. And from any Indian Cuisine.
Send in as many as you like from now till August 20th, 2008. Email your entries to [email protected]
To participate in this event, please have these in mind!
1. Cook anything that's a gravy served with other main course and post it on your blog from now till August 20th, 2008. Can send in as many entries are you can!
2. Add a link back to this event announcement, would be nice if you can include the logo!
3. Please send me an e-mail to [email protected] with the following info.
Subject: Curry mela for Dosa (or if it's for Idli or Roti or Rice, please mention that)
Your preferred Name
Your post URL
A picture of the gravy alone is fine but will be great if you can include the accompanying dish like the Dosa, Roti etc Don't worry about the size.
4. Non bloggers can e-mail me the recipe and the picture and I will include it in the roundup.
5. If you feel you want to participate but can't find time enough, I will accept already posted entry, if you create a NEW POST linked to this announcement. But it will be really fun to create a new dish!
Looking forward to all your enthusiastic participation!
Check out the Round ups posted"
Other Event Details you can check out in the Events Hosted