Its a great pleasure to announce Weekend Herb Blogging event being hosted in my blog, during the week August 18 - August 24. Fondly referred as WHB, is a wonderful event started by Kalyn. In her own words, its an event in which "bloggers around the world photograph and write about herbs, plants, or veggies, and on the weekend, we publish a Recap with links to all the posts."
Ever since knowing this event, I have participated every week. And every time I have learnt new things on the ingredient I was focusing. Even if it was as common as Fenugreek leaves, I got to know new facts.
Ok, here are some rules for the event:
All entries should be "limited to recipes or informative posts where people can learn about cooking with herbs or unusual plant ingredients."
Other rules to remember!
1. Entries submitted for Weekend Herb Blogging need to be posts written during that week specifically for Weekend Herb Blogging and that post cannot be entered in any other food blog event. (The only exception to this rule would be instances where a photo used in a WHB post is submitted to a photo event.) To keep the event manageable, each participant is limited to one entry per week, and entries cannot contain more than one recipe.
2. Weekend Herb Blogging entries should have the goal of helping people learn about cooking with herbs or unusual plant ingredients. With this in mind, only two types of entries will be accepted: a) Recipe posts where an herb or unusual plant ingredient is one of the primary ingredients in the recipe, or b) Informative posts that spotlight one herb or unusual plant ingredient, particularly including information about how it is used in cooking.
3. Entries must contain the words "Weekend Herb Blogging" with a link to this post, as well as a link to Kalyn's Kitchen.
4. Entries can be written any time during the week, but should be submitted to the host for that week by 3:00 P.M. on Sunday. (This is based on Utah time, enter Salt Lake City into this map to calculate the difference where you are.) At the discretion of the host, posts submitted too late will be referred to the host for the following week.
5. Please put WHB in the subject line of your e-mail to identify it for the host. Your e-mail to the host should include:
your WHB post permalink
a photo attached to the e-mail.
For more information about WHB, check out Kalyn's FAQ pages
So get ready and blog between August 18 - August 24 and mail you entries to cooking4allseasons[at]gmail[dot]com with the above information.
Hoping all my dear bloggers are ready for dishing out some classics ones, this coming week! I hope to do the roundup by IST Monday timings!