Bihari Aloo Bhujiya or Aloo Bhujia Sabzi is a sinful spicy roast made with potatoes that are chopped as wedges. With basic spice powders, this dry saute is roasted on low flame to get the well-roasted texture.
When I decided to make Bihari Chana Dal Puri aur Sabji Nasta Thali, this was a must. I remember my Bihari colleague talking about Aloo Bhujia all the time. She said they make it so frequently and with so many dishes on the side. So, obviously, I had to make it. The Chana Dal Puri along with this Aloo Bhujia was the ultimate combination.
These Aloo Bhujia can be can referred to as Kurkure Aloo Fry Recipe as we chop the potato as wedges or long fingers. From what I understand the cooking technique followed by my friend, slow cook most dishes that they turn after a while.
So this crispy potato fry is just the thing you can enjoy! They make this Aloo ki Bhujia as Bihari Breakfast and nothing excites me more than this combination to be indulged in the morning!
Enjoy this aloo roast with any meal of your choice!
PIN this for Later!
Step by Step pictures to make Bihari Aloo Bhujiya
Bihari Aloo Bhujiya | How to make Aloo Bhujia Sabzi
- 2 cups Potato (almost 3 big ones)
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- A Pinch Asafoetida / Hing
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Green Chillies
- Salt to taste
How to make Aloo Bhujia Sabzi
- Peel the potatoes and them into thin long slices like french fries.
- Put the cut potatoes into a bowl and wash them properly and drop them into a strainer and keep it aside.
- Switch on the gas and heat the kadai and put cooking oil in it.
- When the oil is hot, drop cumin seeds, hing and green chilies and fry for a second. Then, add potatoes and keep frying them on heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chili powder and mix it well. Cover it with a lid and let it cooked for 3 - 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Put the lid off and stir it on high flame. Add salt and garlic paste and stir it well. Keep frying them until it becomes crispy.
- Switch off the gas and keep the bhujia up sides and make a space in between so that all the extra oil comes down.
- Take out the bhujia from the kadai and serve it with poori or paratha.