Gobi ke Pakode or Cauliflower Pakoda is crunchy and delicious Indian fritters made with gobi florets, gram flour. It is one of the simplest, easiest snacks we can make during the season.
For the Thali theme, I made a platter theme for the first week. I featured this Pakoda Platter as part of the menu. Since I was making different pakodas, this was our meal that dinner.
Though I have so many different versions of cauliflower pakora already on the site, this version with besan and rice flour was not there and I had to share it.
I recently made Gobi Pakoda with Xacuti Masala Powder as well. Cauliflower Tempura is yet another delicious fritter with cauliflower. Other recipes you can check our Crispy Cauliflower Pakoda, Chapata Cauliflower Pakoda, Gobi Chilli Pakoda
We enjoyed this version pakodas as during the season we do get excellent gobi and we like to enjoy it maximum during the season.
Other Pakoda recipes you can try:
PIN This Cauliflower Pakoda for Later
Step By Step Pictures for making Gobi ke Pakode
Cauliflower Pakoda recipe | Gobhi ke Pakode
- 2 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 1 cup Besan / Gram Flour
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil for Deep Frying
- Clean and cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- Blanch it in hot water for 10 minutes or you can cook it for 5 mins with salt and turmeric powder.
- Drain completely.
- In a bowl, take the flours and mix well with salt, turmeric powder, and red chili powder.
- Add the drained cauliflower and toss it well with the flour.
- Sprinkle water to coat the cauliflower well flour. Do not add more water as we will end up needing more flour. The coating should be just enough to cover the cauliflower.
- Heat a kadai with oil, when hot, deep fry in batches.
- Drain to a kitchen towel.
- Serve hot with chutney, and sauces.