Chakkara Pongali is one of the main sweet dish made as Sankranthi Special. While there are many ways this sweet Pongal is cooked, today's recipe is a quick and easy one made during hurried times. I made this when I prepared the Andhra Thali, I was short of time and Amma suggested this as she normally makes it during regular pooja times.
I had cooked rice ready and I quickly melted jaggery and made this sweet. It was ready in 10 mins time. This version of Sakara Pongal is the regular method that I make at home. The thali had Aratikaya Nuvvu Podi Vepudu, Munakkaya Jeedipappu Masala Kura, Putnala Podi, and Thotakura Pulusu
We are starting the new edition of Blogging Marathon 72, this week it is a Festival special, focusing on Sankranthi as celebrated in Andhra for Day 1.
- 1 cup Cooked Rice
- 3/4 cup Jaggery
- 3 tsp Ghee
- Cashew Nuts handful
- 1 cup Water
- Soak and pressure cook the rice. Remove as much as required and keep it aside.
- Melt the jaggery with just enough water and remove impurities. Add this jaggery syrup to the cooked rice, pressure cook for another whistle. Let the pressure fall down.
- Heat a pan with ghee and roast the nuts.
- Once the pressure falls down, add the ghee along with nuts.
- After offering to God, you can partake the prasadam.