Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies is a chewy delicious chocolate chop cookies that so easy to make and can be gifted as an edible gifts this festival season.
While I do have Hershey's Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies, that are made with other ingredient combinations. I remember seeing this recipe online and adapted to my taste and ingredients that were available in my pantry. I made it egg free too and the final bake was a delicious cookie.
Since I had planned Brownies for week 1 and was thinking if I should continue with brownies or do something else. When I decided I would make cookies, I was planning on baking these during the weekend that never happened. Finally, this morning as I had to wake up early as Konda was leaving on a college tour, I thought I might as well make the best of the time after she left.
I planned and baked about four different ones with the base as this. Amma said the cookies came out excellent. I am sure my boys will have eyes only for the chocolate ones. So you will have to wait for those!
These classic chocolate chip cookies are the best chocolate chip cookies I have made in recent times. The preparation doesn’t take much if you are planning on just this recipe. Since I planned on four different ones, I had to play around with the recipe.
PIN this for later!
Step By Step Pictures for making Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
1.5 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Demerara Sugar
1/4 cup Sugar granulated
1 tbsp Egg Replacer Powder
2 tbsp Water
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chunk
1/8 cup Butterscotch Chips
1/8 cups White Chocolate Chips
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter till it melts completely. Allow to cool.
In a bowl, take the flour along with both the sugars, baking soda and mix well.
Next mix the egg replacer with 2 tbsp water and let it sit for a minute.
Then add this mix to the flour and mix well.
Add the melted butter along with the chips and combine to form a dough.
If you are not able to form the dough, add a tbsp of milk.
Refrigerate for 10 mins.
Pinch out into balls and flatten it.
Bake in a preheated oven at 185C for 11 to 12 mins.
Check if its done by 10 mins.
Allow to cool down before storing it.
You can use caster sugar instead of granulated sugar. Demerara can also be replaced with brown sugar.
Since we have used melted butter, the dough should be chilled before baking, else your cookies will spread.
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1.5 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Demerara Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar granulated
- 1 tbsp Egg Replacer Powder
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chunk
- 1/8 cup Butterscotch Chips
- 1/8 cups White Chocolate Chips
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter till it melts completely. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl, take the flour along with both the sugars, baking soda and mix well.
- Next mix the egg replacer with 2 tbsp water and let it sit for a minute.
- Then add this mix to the flour and mix well.
- Add the melted butter along with the chips and combine to form a dough.
- If you are not able to form the dough, add a tbsp of milk.
- Refrigerate for 10 mins.
- Pinch out into balls and flatten it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 185C for 11 to 12 mins.
- Check if its done by 10 mins.
- Allow to cool down before storing it.