Eggless Almond Orange Wholewheat Tea Cake is a quick easy tea cake that gets done in 30 mins. I have used wheat flour with all purpose flour and almond flour. The cake was so soft and with just about sweetness to make it easy to be served for tea time.
I was thinking that I might have to compel my boys to taste this, however I was so surprised that they loved it so much that they completed it almost before I could click proper pictures. Amma was saying that since its been a while since I have baked cakes, they must have liked it a lot.
However, I think even other wise this makes a great cake!
Step by Step pictures
Eggless Almond Orange Wholewheat Tea Cake
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Almond powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 3/4 cup Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 2/3 cup Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter soft
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Almonds slivers
- In a bowl take the butter and oil, beat well. Then add the condensed milk. Mix everything well.
- Pulse the almonds to a fine powder in a mixer jar. Add this to the bowl and blend well.
- Pulse the orange to juice and add to the bowl. Combine everything well using a spatula.
- Add the flours one by one. Finally add the baking powder, baking soda, gently blend everything well.
- Finally add the milk and gently mix in.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Transfer the batter to the lined tray and pat it down. Top it with the almond silvers.
- Pre-heat the oven to 185 degree C,
- Bake for 30 mins or till done. After 30 minutes, cool the cake for a few minutes and it is ready to be served.
- After 30 mins of baking at 185C, I baked at 155 C for 5 mins, before leaving it aside for 10 mins.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2016