Eggless Coffee Cake is a slightly dense cake made with instant coffee powder, with part all purpose flour and a bit of wheat flour. The cake is sweet enough to have without any frosting. While I have been so focused on Tea Cakes, these naked cakes are also referred as Coffee Cakes as these are served for evening snack along with beverages.
So make these coffee cakes when you want to serve some light snacks for your evening bites. I would want to try this again by using condensed milk and some chocolate as well for next time.
Step By Step Pictures for baking Eggless Coffee Cake
Eggless Coffee Cake
- 1 cup All purpose flour / Maida
- 1/4 cup Wheat flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1.5 tbsp Instant Coffee Powder
- 2 tsp Butter melted
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Curds
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Milk
- In a bowl, take the sugar, add butter, cooking oil, curds, instant coffee powder, blend well.
- Next add the baking powder and baking soda, whisk and let it stand for 5 mins. Then add the flour and gently fold in. Finally, add milk to make a smoother batter.
- Preheat the oven to 185 C. Line a baking loaf with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the tin and pat it down.
- Bake for 35 mins at 170 C.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing.