I had planned for this yesterday but as I said, hubby dear took us for dinner and so it was postponed to today. Konda had gone along with him to order the cake and they came back with a chocolate cake, because I like chocolate, though I don't eat this cake. Isn't that funny! They remembered to get me a peice of eggless cake too. The boys were excited to sing haapy haapy burthday to amma and I guess the writing on the cake was Konda's idea. Well the wishes seem to be for everyday!
Gobi Paratha ~ Stuffed Cauliflower Paratha
For the outer dough:
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour (opt)
- 1 tsp Ghee or you can use curds instead, opt
- 1 cup Cauliflower florets
- 1 Onion small / 3 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil for frying
For the stuffing
- Wash the cauliflower and soak in lukewarm with salt. Then grate it finely and mix with finely chopped onions.
- Heat a pan with oil, add the spices and then the grated cauliflower.
- Saute for 2 mins, till the cauliflower is done. Remove and allow to cool.
For the dough
- Take the ingredients for the dough, slowly add water and knead to a soft pliable dough. Let it rest it for 10 mins.
Making the stuffed paratha.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls. Flatten the balls on the sides and make the center thick. Stuff with the cauliflower filling and bring the sides and seal well.
- Flatten and dust well with flour. Gently roll out using the rolling pin and ensuring the filling doesn't come out.
- Heat a tawa and grease with oil. when the tawa is hot, cook the stuffed paratha on both sides by greasing with oil.
- Serve hot with pickle and curds.
Another delicious stuffed paratha is Aloo parathas.
The best serving that I always love is pickle and curds, I believe nothing can beat this combo!
Thank you, my dear readers and friends, for all your lovely wishes. Though I didn't want to make a big deal of this day, you all made it very special with your wishes and thoughts! I guess that's why my blog is such an addiction for me!