I have been trying to update this space for a while, yet something or the other comes up and I lose focus. I have also been busy teaching my boys for their term exams. It's been equally a tough period for me, as I have to understand how to make them understand. They have so many portions to study, I wonder why 5 year old kids need to learn so much. They have sample worksheets followed by the actual exams. I am sure they have so many other things that can do much in ways to teach them.
Gurugakku Pappu / Chennu Aakku Pappu
For the Dal
- 2 cups Chenu Akku
- 100 gms Toor Dal
- 3 to 4 long Green Chillies
- 2 small Tomatoes
- 1 Tamarind small marble size
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Urad dal
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Curry Leaves handful
- 4 to 5 nos Shallots Sambar onions
- Wash and take the greens in a pressure cooker along with washed toor dal, green chillies, tomatoes, tamarind, sambar onions and enough water. Pressure cook till done.
- Once the pressure falls, remove the water and churn the greens and dal using the lentil masher.
- Heat a pan with oil, temper with seasoning ingredients. Saute till the onions are sauteed well. Then add the mashed dal with greens.
- Add salt and enough water and bring to boil. Simmer for couple of minutes as required.
- Serve with steamed rice.