Mint Raita or Pudina Raita is a popular Indian style mint flavoured yogurt dip made with fresh mint leaves, curds / yogurt. It is spiced with Indian spices and makes a delicious accompaniment for biryani or even parathas
This easy and simple to make raita is made with freshly ground mint leaves along with green chilies and spice powders. Mixed in thick curds, it is best served chilled and makes a lovely accompaniment for any paratha or a spicy biryani.
I made this as part of another mega thali and it was a perfect dish to make. I am not into making different raitas as most times I settle with Onion Raita. With the theme being a Mega BM on Thali, I wanted to experiment with different raitas.
Step By Step Pictures for making Mint Raita
Mint - The main ingredient in this is of course the fresh mint leaves. The spice is the green chilies and then mixed with spices that make it a delicious one to enjoy.
Curds - Thick curds blended with salt and mixed with the fresh mint paste. You can chill it before serving it.
This Pudina Raita makes a wonderful accompaniment for biryanis or stuffed parathas.
Mint Raita | How to make Pudina Raita
- 1 cup Mint / Pudina
- 1 cup Curds / Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped
- 2 no Green Chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder roasted
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- Wash and drain the mint leaves.
- Take it in a mixer along with green chili and add a little water to grind to a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the finely chopped onions, thick curds along with salt, black salt, cumin powder, red chili powder.
- Beat to a smooth consistency and chill it until serving.
- Garnish with mint leaves along with Biryani or paratha