Palak Paratha or Spinach Roti is a healthy unleavened Indian Flatbread. We make it with whole wheat flour and spinach puree spiced with spices. This spinach Paratha is a healthy option you can feed your family.
These Spinach Parathas are not exactly stuffed parathas. It has spinach puree mixed into the wheat flour along with spices. These Indian Flatbread are colourful, healthy and are quite easy to make. On top, you have some beautiful green coloured parathas as well.
I made it for dinner and everybody enjoyed it. So I planned on making it for breakfast as well. With this Spinach Paratha, you have a delicious stuffed paratha, for your breakfast and a quick dinner idea as well!
I featured this as part of BM#49 under Indian Bread Baskets.
Palak refers to Spinach in Hindi, while paratha refers to the unleavened Indian Flatbread cooked on a griddle or tawa. I try to include palak in different ways in our menu.
This blended healthy dough makes it easy to roll and cook the rotis as well. I have made stuffed parathas as well like this Stuffed Aloo Palak Paratha, and pooris like this popular Indor Indori Palak Ki Puri, I have made this version of spinach puri with my homegrown spinach leaves.
My family's most favorite way of enjoy spinach is this Palak Paneer.
Other dishes made with Palak/Spinach
- Spinach Murukku | How to make Palak Chakli
- How to make Palak Paneer ~ Easy Side Dish for Chapathi
- Palak Methi Na Muthia Recipe | Gujrati Special Steamed Dumplings | Step by Step Recipe
- Plain Bhujias, Palak Bhujias ~ My Crispy Temptations!
- Spinach Soup ~ Palak Soup!
- Aloo Palak Recipe | Potato Spinach Masala
- Palak Jhunka ~ Spinach in Gram Flour!
- Palak Paneer Vada ~ Spinach with Indian Cottage Cheese Fritters!
PIN this Palak Paratha for Later!
Step By Step Pictures to make Spinach Roti
Ingredients Used in making this Palak Paratha
We use Palak or Spinach puree to make these paratha. We mix the puree with the flour along with spices. This paratha is very easy to make as the puree is blended with the flour.
Spices used: We use basic spice powders to make this paratha more interesting.
Palak Paratha | Spinach Paratha Recipe
- 3 cups Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Palak / Spinach Puree
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- Hing a pinch
- A Pinch Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Cooking Oil for cooking
How to make Palak Paratha
- Wash and clean the spinach leaves. Blanch the leaves in a pot of boiling water and allow to cool. Once the leaves are cooled down, make a puree.
- In a bowl, take the wheat flour, add all the spice powders, along with spinach puree, mix well to combine everything.
- Then slowly add water to knead to a stiff dough. Let it rest for 10 - 15 mins.
- When ready to make, heat the tawa, grease with oil, pinch out balls, dust with flour and roll out into discs.
- Cook on hot tawa on both sides.
- Once done, serve hot with pickle and curds.
Rest for 10 mins and then knead again for a soft roti.