Chilro | Sindhi Besan Ja Chilra
Chilro is a popular breakfast dish from Sindhi Cuisine, made with Besan or Chickpea flour mixed with spices and vegetables to make a pancake.
- 1/2 cup Besan / Gram flour
- 1/4 cup Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Carrot grated
- 1/4 cup Cabbage shredded
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera
- 1 tsp Anardana Dry pomegranate seeds, optional
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli powder
- Cooking Oil for making the dosas
- Water to make the batter
- Salt to taste
Take all the ingredients in a bowl, slowly add water to mix to a slightly thin batter.
Heat a tawa and grease with oil.
Pour a ladleful of batter and cook on low flame.
When it is cooked, flipped to the other side and cook for a couple of minutes.
Serve with a side dish.