Zuì hǎo Poori or the Best Poori recipe is a poori that stays puffed up for a longer time and tastes very crispy and delicious with any side dish.
We are on the final alphabet of the A to Z Indian Pooris and for Z, I had to twist a bit to use the Chinese word zuì hǎo which means The best. The recipe is inspired by Anu's recipe and I totally enjoyed making it.
The pooris stay puffed up and are crispy as it uses Semolina, along with hot oil. I first saw this on Finla's feed where she said she made it from Ria's space. When I checked on Ria, she had done it from Anu. So this poori recipe has traveled quite a distance to finally end the series of A to Z Indian Pooris.
I made Aloo Masala as the side dish and nothing can beat the quintessential aloo masala with poori. This series on AtoZ is something we started this year and had some fantastic collection from my BM friends. Come back tomorrow to find the entire collection.
PIN This for Later!
Step By Step Pictures for making the poori
Zuì hǎo Poori | The Best Poori Recipe
- 1 cup Wheat Flour - 140 gm
- 1/2 cup 70 gmAll Purpose Flour / Maida
- 1/4 cup Semolina / Rava
- 1 tbsp Besan
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil hot
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Milk
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
- In a large bowl, take wheat flour, maida, rava, besan, sugar, and salt.
- Mix well with a spoon or with your hands to bring all the dry ingredients together and then mix in the hot oil. Rub the oil into the flour.
- Now add the milk or water into the flour and knead for 5 to 6 minutes to make a stiff dough. Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes to an hour or more.
- After the dough rests, knead it briefly and divide the dough into small portions.
- In a Kadai, heat the oil for frying.
- Take the balls, dust with flour, and roll out to a 5 to 6-inch disc.
- Gently drop the pooris into the hot oil. Press on top for the pooris to puff up.
- After the puri puffs up and turns a golden brown you need to flip it over and cook until the other side is golden as well.
- Take the puri out using a slotted ladle on to a kitchen towel.
- Serve with a side dish of your choice.