This dish with Butternut squash or Red pumpkin is very simple and does not involve onions or tomatoes yet tastes great. Its called Parakikay in Tamil and Gummadikaya in Telugu. This is our all time favorite which goes well with anything.
Here you go for the things needed
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 500 gms – Gumadikaya (Red pumpkin)
- 1 tsp – Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Seeds for seasoning
- Curry Leaves
- 5 pods – Garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp – Jaggery
- 2 tbsp – Ground Powder
- 1 tbsp – Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp – Ghee
Method to prepare:
- Chop red pumpkin. Heat oil, add mustard, curry leaves, garlic, and pumpkin. Put in high flame for it mix well.
- Add turmeric, salt, chili and coriander powder. Mix well and simmer it for 10 mins.
- Then add jaggery and cook for few mins. In the end, add groundnut powder. Cook for 5 mins.
- Before bringing it down, add ghee.
- This goes well with rotis and rice.