Brown Rice Dosa is one of the healthy options that seem to have caught on the fancy in recent times. Be it replacing the regular rice with Brown Rice, or finding other healthy options, the brown rice has become the ingredient to select.
Our breakfasts are mostly Dosas or Idlis, so it is important to find a good substitute for the main ingredient. We have tried replacing the Raw Rice with the Brown Rice and prepared it the regular way. You can see how the dosas have turned out so crispy and nicly browned.
I love my dosas very crispy and it surely turned out so good.
For the final day of Flatbreads, I have Brown Rice Dosas, while Flatbread is as such my favorite one, Dosas tops the list.
Brown Rice Dosa
- 2 cups Brown Rice
- 1 cup Urad dal
- 2 tbsp Chana Dal Bengal Gram Dal
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds Methi Seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- Wash and soak the brown rice separatly, Urad dal, Chana Dal and Fenugreek separetly for 6 along.
- Change water and drain the rice and dal to a bowl. First grind the Urad dal, chana dal, fenugreek in a wet grinder till the Urad dal is smooth and fluffy. Remove to a bowl.
- Then add the drained brown rice and add enough water to grind to a smooth batter. When the rice is ground to a smooth batter, add the urad dal batter and let it run for couple of minutes to get mixed well.
- Remove and add salt and let it ferment overnight before making the dosas.
- Make dosas as you normally do with regular dosa batter. Serve hot with side dish.
Enjoy your healthy breakfast!