This onion chutney was suggested by my blog reader who makes it along with Coconut Dosa. Since the coconut dosa is little bland this spicy chutney goes very well. This onion chutney can be made and served with any tiffin dishes.
I am always on the lookout for new chutneys to make. I know we always end up liking Groundnut chutney end of the day, still, it has not limited me from trying out different varieties.
This was made to serve along with Coconut Dosa
- 1 cup Shallots / Sambar Onions.
- Tamarind Marble size
- 2 inch Ginger
- 3 to 4 Green Chillies increase as per your taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar opt
- Curry Leaves handful
- 1/2 tsp Cooking Oil
- Heat a pan with little oil and sauté all the ingredients, except tamarind. Fry till onions turn pink. Let it cool.
- Meanwhile soak tamarind and once the onion mix is cooled, grind it with tamarind, salt and sugar, if you are using, to a paste.
- Heat some oil and pour the hot oil over the paste. By adding the oil, this chutney stays good for a while.
- Serve this with Coconut Dosa.