Tomato Pickle or this Andhra Tomato Pachadi makes an excellent chutney to be served for Idlies or Dosas. This is the latest addiction at home and has already made it a couple of times. This gets served for every tiffin dish that gets served.
Chutneys in the morning are always Peanut Chutney. So adding this to the plate makes a good change as well. Did you notice the bottle I have captured? Well, this came to the brim and it's almost getting over and I finally decided I must capture it before it gets completed.
I have hardly been cooking anything other than regular meals. Work has been hectic plus the blog migration seems to take forever. I am hoping the initial makeover gets done by next week. Until then these sporadic posts will make a presence.
This recipe comes from Amma's Dairy.
Andhra Tomato Pachadi
- 1/2 kg Tomato
- 20 nos Dry Red Chilies
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Methi
- Tamarind Lemon size medium
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Wash and chop tomatoes into small pieces
- In a Kadai take 1 tsp oil, add tomatoes, salt and let it cook till the tomatoes get nicely cooked and mashed. Add the tamarind extract and let it sit.
- Next in pan add few drops of oil, roast the mustard, dry red chillies, and methi. Allow to cool and powder to a fine powder once cooled down.
- Pulse the tomatoes to a paste,
- Heat the oil till smoking point, switch off and add the garlic cloves, mustard powder to it and allow to come to cool down.
- Once the oil is cooled add to the tomato paste. Combine everything well and store in an airtight container.