Tomato Pickle or this Andhra Tomato Pachadi makes an excellent chutney to be served for Idlies or Dosas. This is the latest addiction at home and have already made it couple of times. This gets served for every tiffin dish that gets served.
Chutneys in the morning is always Peanut Chutney. So adding this to the plate makes a good change as well. Did you notice the bottle I have captured? Well this came to the brim and its almost getting over and I finally decided I must capture before it gets completed.
I have hardly been cooking anything other than the regular meals. Work has been hectic plus the blog migration seem to take forever. I am hoping the initial makeover gets done by next week. Until then these sporatic posts will make presence.
As I have been skipping the blogging marathon, decided I must at least make it to the Cooking with Cookbook Challenge. This recipe comes from Amma’s Dairy.
Andhra Tomato Pachadi
- 1/2 kg Tomato
- 20 nos Dry Red Chilies
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Methi
- Tamarind Lemon size medium
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Wash and chop tomatoes into small pieces
- In a Kadai take 1 tsp oil, add tomatoes, salt and let it cook till the tomatoes get nicely cooked and mashed. Add the tamarind extract and let it sit.
- Next in pan add few drops of oil, roast the mustard, dry red chillies, and methi. Allow to cool and powder to a fine powder once cooled down.
- Pulse the tomatoes to a paste,
- Heat the oil till smoking point, switch off and add the garlic cloves, mustard powder to it and allow to come to cool down.
- Once the oil is cooled add to the tomato paste. Combine everything well and store in an airtight container.
This goes for the November Week 2, Cooking from Cookbook Challenge Group.