When you think of famous dishes from Andhra, Pesarattu surely comes to mind. At hotels, it is usually served with Upma, Allam Pachadi (Ginger Chutney) and Coconut Chutney. Everybody at home loves Pesarattu and whenever she makes it, she also makes Upma as Daddy loves that combo.
When I started making it at my own kitchen, I normally never bother about making Upma, but you should try it if you want to try the authentic Andhra combo.
Andhra Pesarattu | Whole Moong Dal Dosa
For the batter
- 2 cups – Whole Moong Dal
- 1/2 cup – Raw Rice
- 3 – Green Chillies
- Ginger (Optional)
- 2 – Red Chillies
- Salt as required
- Jeera (as required)
- Sauteed Onions
- Green Chillies
- Cooking Oil
Method to prepare:
- Soak the Moong Dal and Rice for 3 – 4 hrs separately.
- Grind it with Red chillies and Green Chillies into a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan, add a spoon of Cooking Oil. Once the pan is hot, pour a spoonful of batter.
- It has to be spread very thinly as dosas. Sprinkle sautéed Onions and Jeera on top.
- Add little ghee for better taste.
To make the upma, follow this link!
Serve Crispy hot Pesarattu with Upma and Coconut Chutney.
Try this out and let me know your views.