Sweet Corn Soup is a lightly spiced soup made with sweet corns and mixed vegetables. This surely makes a winter nights fantastic and for a party the best soup you can serve.
Though I am not a soup person, meaning when I have soup for a meal, I can’t have anything else after that. Unlike what they say that you increase your appetite after soup, I can’t eat anything.
So when I have to have soup, the choice has always been Sweet Corn Soup, with those tender sweet corn floating around. I have not been very fond of the Tomato Soup, though what we make at home is really delicious.
There was a time when I was on a soup diet and made many creamy soups that was my dinner. I have made healthy soups like Jowar Vegetable Soup and Ragi Vegetable Soup for Athamma. So in general these healthy soups were part of the Diabetic Diet that I created for her. Apart from these, I also made some interesting Sweet Corn Vegetable Noodle Soup and Tomato Soup with some toast on the side!
Today’s recipe is a simple pot of soup made with sweet corn. I haven’t used any of the Chinese ingredients, that will be for another day!
Sweet Corn Soup
- 1 Can of cream style sweet corn
- 1/2 cup – Carrot
- 1/2 cup – Beans
- 1 tsp – Pepper
- Coriander Leaves
- 2 tsp – Corn Flour
Method to prepare:
- Chop carrot and Beans finely.
- Keep the water to boil. Once it begins to boil throw in the carrots and Beans.
- Let it cook for about 2 mins and then add 1 can of cream style sweet corn.
- Let it boil. In the meanwhile make a paste of 2 tsp of cornflour with 1/4 cup of water.
- Once the soup starts boiling, add in the cornflour paste, salt to taste.
- Let it boil for two mins and then switch off the gas. Garnish with crushed pepper and Coriander leaves.
Its raining in Madras right now and this proved to be the most ideal dish to cheer up spirits.