Methi Pakoda is a crunchy snack that can be prepared in no time and this version is very crispy and dry without oil. I love pakodas and never really cared if it was deep fried. So it comes as a great pleasure when this pakoda turns out crispy and not oily.
The trick is always in adding hot oil to the batter and cooking in hot oil in medium flame. So we always follow that to get a non greasy pakoras. The methi in this is the healthy twist and Konda enjoyed it not minding that it had methi.
So you can make this for a crowd or include when are planning a party.
- 1 cup Fenugreek Leaves / Methi
- 1 cup Besan / Gram Flour
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 3 nos Green Chilies
- Coriander Leaves handful
- Curry Leaves handful
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil hot
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
- Wash the methi leaves, remove the stack and chop fine.
- Take the flours in a bowl along with methi and other ingredients except oil.
- Mix well and add hot oil to the flour and combine tightly. Now slowly add water as required to make a tight batter.
- Heat oil in a kadai and when hot, pinch out batter and drop into hot oil.
- Cook on medium flame and ensure the pakodas are cooked all over.
- Drain on a kitchen towel
- Serve hot.