Lentil Dosa or Mixed Dal Dosai from Tamil Nadu is made only of lentils without Rice. So this almost instant Dosa is No Rice Dosa and is very healthy Diabetic food.
I made this with 3 different lentils and the batter came out so well. Since this doesn’t require fermentation, you can almost soak it in the morning and you will have ready to use batter for breakfast.
Since I just couldn’t find any dish starting with L, I had to resort to using L for Lentil. So lentil dosa is my choice for L in the AtoZ Flatbread and More, where I am doing AtoZ Dosa Varieties. If you want to know whats for L in the Indian Flatbreads, hop over!
A to Z Dosa Varieties
PIN This for Later!
Step by Step Pictures for making Lentil Dosa
Lentil Dosa | Mixed Dal Dosai from Tamil Nadu
- 1 cup Urad Dal
- 1 cup Yellow Split Moong Dal
- 1/2 cup Moong Dal
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 no Green Chillies
How to make the Dal Dosai
- Wash and soak the lentils separately for 1 hour.
- Drain and grind all the lentils to a smooth paste along with green chilies
- Add cumin seeds and mix well.
- Heat a tawa and grease well.
- Drop a ladleful of batter and swril as you would make a regular Dosa.
- Cook on both sides
- Serve with side dish of choice.