I know you must be wondering on the strange name right. Well, the name literally means "scoping into" when translated from Tamil. And this dosa ends up to being soft and spongy. The proportion is different from the Soft Dosa or Kal Dosa that Amma makes.She got this from a paper clipping and I asked her again and again if she read it right. She said there was no other name and in the recipe description, they talk about throwing in a fistful of the ingredients. Anyways after trying it out, it turned out to be good, and the combination was also quite new.
Aali Pota Dosai
Servings 4 people
- 3 cups Raw Rice
- 1 cup Par Boiled Rice /Idli Rice
- 1 cup Urad Dal
- 1/2 cup Toor Dal
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds Methi Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil as required
- Wash and soak the rice along with dals for over 6 -7 hours. Then grind to a smooth batter.
- Ferment overnight. When you are ready to make the dosas, heat a tawa greased with oil. Just as you would make your regular dosas, spread across, sprinkle with oil and cook on both sides.
- Serve with Puli Chutney or Groundnut chutney.