Dosa with a Spicy tomato-onion spread on top makes your breakfast very interesting to indulge. The spread can stay good for a couple of days when refrigerated.
We always stock dosa batter for weekly breakfasts. While day one will always be plain dosa with different side dishes, we try to make it different for the second or third-day breakfast. We make different spreads to top the dosas. We make different spreads that are applied to the cooked dosa. This surely takes the dosas to a different level altogether.
Konda's school reopened and for the boys, the school is yet to reopen. So we are still enjoying our vacation. These dishes really highlight your day anytime!
We are very fond of making different spreads to be applied on dosas as this Garlic Chutney spread for Masala Dosa
Dosa Tomato Onion Spread
Dosa with Tomato Onion Spread
- Dosa Batter as required
Tomato Onion Spread
- 1 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup Onions chopped
- 3 to 4 nos Dry Red Chilies
- Coriander Leaves handful
- Curry Leaves handful
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- Grind all the ingredients together to an almost coarse paste.
- Heat a pan with oil, add the paste and saute well.
- Heat a tawa and spread the dosa batter as you do with your regular dosas. Sprinkle oil, and flip on the other side to cook.
- After couple of seconds, turn around, spread a teaspoon full of this spicy spread on the dosa top and serve hot.