I recently spent some time creating a board on Pinterest for all the Dosas I have posted till date and it was counting to 72 varieties. Since I have always wanted to try out 101, I decided I should take up this again and try my hand at making different varieties again.
Today's dosa was with dosa batter along with oats added. This works out two ways, one when you are out of dosa batter, you can add oats and make more. other being that you increase your fibre intake and thereby not including so much rice based breakfast.
Whatever reasons, this was so good. I made it more interesting by making an Onion Uttapam. I served it with Peanut Chutney and Goddu Karam, both were such lip smacking side dish for this.
Oats Onion Uttappam
- 1 cup Dosa Batter
- 3/4 cup Oats Flour
- A pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup Onions finely chopped
- 2 Green Chilies finely chopped
- Dry roast the oats and allow to cool. Grind to a fine powder and mix to the dosa batter. Add a little salt and combine everything well.
- Heat a Tawa and grease with oil. Pour a ladleful of batter and swirl around to make dosa. Ensure you make it thick and not spread it too thin. Sprinkle onions and green chillies. Sprinkle oil around the dosa and simmer for few minutes.
- Using a spatula, flip to the other side to cook the onions. This takes about 2 to 3 mins.
- Turn and serve hot with side dish