Puli Bongaralu | Puli Ponganalu
For the Batter
- 2 cups Raw Rice
- 1 cup Curds / Yogurt
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methi Seeds
- 2 - 3 Green Chillies
- 2 inch Ginger
- Salt to taste
- A pinch Cooking Soda
- Cooking Oil for cooking
- Wash and soak the rice in curds for over 12 - 14 hrs.
- In a mixer, grind the green chillies, ginger and salt to a smooth paste, grind the rice along with curds with enough water to get a dropping consistency.
- Add the masala paste, soda and keep it covered for 30 mins.
- After that grease a kadhai and pour a ladleful of batter and slightly spread. Sprinkle cooking oil around and cover to cook on lower flame.
- Once the bottom is cooked, flip to the other side and cook.
- Serve with Coconut Chutney.
Since the center will have to be thick, kadai is used for cooking. So, these will be thick in the middle and thin on the sides. The original way is supposed to be actually deep fried by dropping the batter as balls into hot oil. Making as dosa makes it more healthy.
Tried this recipe?Mention @cooking4all or tag #cooking4all!
Gayathri Ramanan says
Looks so delicious..
If you get time, visit my blog
Looks delicious. In Andhra we make it in a different way.. we drop the batter as small balls in oil and deep fry them.
But this is a more healthier version. Must try it.
yummilicious and awesome
Sona S says
Delicious and yummy.