I am getting back to my dosa varieties after a long time . I thought I will attend to it with this recipe. Sadda pindi as I said, is quite a common flour at home. Athamma makes it a point that she has these at regular interval during the week. I love dosas of any type and this is no different. This finds itself at our table when we are bored with the other types of dosas. And I must say, it's very tasty, not to say healthy!
I am down with fever and the usual other siblings of that, so I don't' find myself energetic to key in long stories related to this dosa, though there are quite a many stories spun around this!
Bajra flour or Sadda pindi is always stocked at home when Athamma is with us. She often makes the Roti for her lunch or these quick dosas for her breakfast. The Bajra dosas are quite filling and make a good change instead of the regular rice dosas
Sadda Dosa, Bajra flour Pancake
For the Batter
- 1 cup Bajra Flour /Sadda Pindi
- 2 tbsp Wheat Flour
- Salt to taste
- Water as required for batter.
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup Onions
- Coriander Leaves handful
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- Cooking Oil as required
- In a bowl, take the flours along with salt. Then slowly add the water. Mix well as not to have any lumps.
- Wheat flour is added just to get the pancake off the tawa, you can ignore it if you want.
- Heat a Tawa, grease with oil, pour a ladleful of batter over the hot tawa. Sprinkle oil around the edges, so that it comes out well. Before flipping over, garnish the onions, coriander and chillies.
- Then flip it over. and cook well.
- Serve it with gun powder or groundnut chutney.