Eggless Lemon Tea Cake is a delicious Tea cake hinting a mild lemon flavour and with just the right sweetness. Made with whole wheat flour, the finished cake doesn’t look or taste that it is made with wheat flour.
I was almost tempted to use all purpose flour, however wanted to see how the wheat flour will taste and so went ahead and used only wheat flour.
Almost half of the loaf got over when it came out of the oven. This surely makes a great tea time snack!
Step by Step pictures for Eggless Lemon Tea Cake
Eggless Lemon Tea Cake
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Lemon Rind
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
- 3/4 cup Curds
- Powder the sugar. Have the lemon juice and Lemon rind ready.
- In a bowl mix Curds, Sugar, Oil, Baking powder and Baking soda. Add Lemon Rind, lemon juice to the mix and gently combine.
- Let the liquid rest for 5 minutes till it rises a little.
- Next add the flour to the liquid gradually and blend well.
- Pre heat the oven at 185 C.
- Pour the batter in a greased, lined mould.
- Bake at 185 C for 35 minutes. Check if it is baked.
- Let it rest before slicing.
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2016