Besan Wali Bhindi is a stuffed Lady's Finger with Besan and spices prepared a little spicy to pair with Dal and Rice. This stuffed Bhindi makes a delicious side dish with Roti or Rice.
I made this Besan Wali Bhindi for my Rajasthani thali a little spicier than expected as I was pairing it with the Dal and wanted some spicy dry side dish. Making this hardly takes time and you just have to cook it on low flame and keep stirring it occasionally.
The stuffing is with regular pantry ingredients, the usual Indian spice powders. If you want it very crispy you can add a bit more oil than mentioned here.
This week I shall be sharing some regional special dishes from India. I have chosen three different states and this is from Rajasthan.
PIN ThisStep By Step Pictures for making Besan Wali Bhindi
Besan Wali Bhindi
200 gms Lady's Finger / Bhindi
2 tbsp Besan / Gram Flour
1 tsp Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
1 tsp Amchur / Dry Mango Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhania Powder
A Pinch Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
4 tbsp Cooking Oil
Salt to taste
Wash and dry pat the bhindi.
Trim the ends
Slit them on one side keeping them intact.
Mix all spices, besan, and salt.
Stuff the bhindis with this masala.
Heat oil in a nonstick pan, add the stuffed bhindi.
Saute well and cover with a lid.
Cook on slow fire till done.
Garnish with Coriander leaves or if you like ginger and green chilies
Besan Wali Bhindi
- 200 gms Lady’s Finger / Bhindi
- 2 tbsp Besan / Gram Flour
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Amchur / Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhania Powder
- A Pinch Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and dry pat the bhindi.
- Trim the ends
- Slit them on one side keeping them intact.
- Mix all spices, besan and salt.
- Stuff the bhindis with this masala.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan, add the stuffed bhindi.
- Saute well and cover with lid.
- Cook on slow fire till done.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves or if you like ginger and green chilies