I made a stiff batter so as to get the pakodas crispy and flaky. The days are hectic and busy with kids being at home. So this has to be a hurried post, rather than an elaborate one.I have made Cabbage pakoda in another way as well.
Cabbage Onion Pakoda
- Cooking Oil for Deep frying
- 1 cup Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Onions
- 1/2 cup Besan appr.
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour appr.
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- leaves Curry Leaves handful
- Coriander Leaves handful
- 1/2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Ghee
- How to make the Cabbage Onion Pakoda
- Wash and shred the cabbage and onions as julienne, Fine chop the green chilies, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Once the cabbage is washed, drain it on a colander.
- In a wide bowl, take the cabbage, onions, oil/ghee, mix in the salt and red chili powder along with curry leaves, coriander leaves. Mix well and keep it aside for 5 - 7 mins.
- Water comes out of this mixture and you mix in the flour without adding any water. The batter has to be stiff for the pakodas.
- Heat a kadai with oil, drop in the batter as small batches. Cook on both sides and drain on a kitchen towel.
- Serve hot.
This goes for the May Week 2, Cooking from Cookbook Challenge Group
Linking this to Fabulous Feast Friday #14