Eggless Carrot Mosambi Tea Cake or Carrot Sweet Lime Tea Cake is a delicious cake made with grated carrots and sweet lime juice. I have also used Orange marmalade. This soft and moist with just the right amount of sweetness makes it a perfect Tea Time Cake. I made this similar to my Eggless Orange Tea Cake. I just added carrots and replaced mosambi for Orange juice.
With the time being so short, I couldn’t even think much about the setup and almost always end up using the same props. The fact is I just have few quarter size plates and I have a fixation that I have to serve these slices on a quarter size plate.
Anyway, I baked it just before leaving for work and it was still so hot when I sliced it through. My colleagues asked if I had warmed it before giving it to them. I said it was right out of the oven. Everybody loved the texture and they said it was even 10 times better than shop tea cake! Well, that surely made my day.
Step By Step Pictures for baking Eggless Carrot Mosambi Tea Cake
Eggless Carrot Mosambi Tea Cake
- 1 & 1/4 cups All purpose flour / Maida
- 3/4 cup Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Carrots
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1/2 cup Mosambi Juice
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Orange Marmalade
- In a bowl take the condensed milk, add melted butter, fresh mosambi juice, orange marmalade, and blend well.
- Next add the baking powder and baking soda, whisk and let it stand for 5 mins. Then add the flour and gently fold in.
- Preheat the oven at 185 C. Line a baking loaf with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the tin and pat it down. The batter will be on the thicker side, so using a spatula scoop into the baking tin.
- Bake for 30 mins at 185 C. Then bake at 170 C for 10 mins.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2016