A couple of weeks back we wanted to have a simple dinner and I decided to select something from the list I had shortlisted. This Methi Adai is from a paper clipping and most of the dishes that were part of the list look very good. Also, it was all methi based dishes, so I almost wanted to have a theme for BM. But then decided against it.
It was only Amma and myself for dinner and we had enough batter for breakfast the next day. We improvised by adding green chilies, onions and it tasted simply awesome too. The methi leaves taste great and moreover, the ghee that's added enhances the taste.
As most of you know dosas are my favourite and this becomes my 60 plus of my dosa collection.
Step by Step pictures for making Methi Adai
- 2 bunches Methi Leaves Fenugreek Leaves approx 2 cups
- 150 gms Chana Dal Bengal Gram dal
- 150 gms Toor Dal
- 250 gms Rice Parboiled
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil as required
- Ghee as required
- Wash and soak Rice and Dals together for about 2 hrs. Change water and grind along with other ingredients, except methi leaves.
- Clean and finely chop the methi leaves and mix them with the dal batter.
- Heat a pan on a low fire, grease it with cooking oil. Then, pour the batter like a thick dosa, adding ghee on all sides.
- Flip the Adai and when the sides are brown and crisp, remove it from the fire.
- Eat the Adais with Coconut chutney.