For today's recipe, I referred to the handy cookbook that was handed out during a Schezwan Cuisine Festival.
Kung Po Chicken was from the same book and as I had said we were keen on making all of the dishes listed in that book. Everything that we have tried now, has turned out great. Enjoy this fried rice with Schezwan sauce.
I enjoy all types of fried rice and it makes a great lunch recipe. All fried rice turns best with a day's old rice, so you have all the reasons to enjoy a feast with leftover rice. I made this for my lunch during a weekend when I had prepared nonveg for the rest. It's quite easy to make just for a person when you have the Schezwan sauce handy.
The day has been very pleasant with a chill climate, it drizzled for a while, yet knowing some of the states seem to be having heavy rains wish it was sent here.
And I could have enjoyed a shower with a hot bowl of this rice!
Step by Step Pictures for making Schezwan Fried Rice
Schezwan Fried Rice
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup Spring Onions bulbs
- 1 cup Mixed Vegetables (Beans, Carrots and Cabbage)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 2 tbsp Schezwan Sauce
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- Spring Onion greens for garnish
How to make Schezwan Fried Rice
- In a pan, bring water to a boil and cook the rice till almost done. Drain the rice and spread on a pan for the rice to cool down. If needed, sprinkle few drops of cooking oil.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick pan with cooking oil, add crushed garlic, saute well. Then, add the spring onion and saute well.
- Add the finely chopped vegetables and saute on high flame till it becomes soft. Add salt and pepper and combine everything well.
- Next, add the Schezwan sauce to the pan and mix well. Then, add the soya sauce and mix.
- Now, add the cooked rice and combine everything well. Adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve hot.