Athamma came back from her vacation and we spent the rest of the day filling her up with her grandchildren antics through the week. And we even took them for lunch to the restaurant. Only to know that they are ever the naughtiest kids around. They won't sit for even a minute!
I know I had planned for many a different Dosa variety and a hoard of breakfast items. Looks like I have fallen behind. Anyway here comes a version which makes use of Soya beans. For those of you, who want to include soya in your diet, this is a neat way to do it and very tasty too!
Soya Bean in Rice Dosa and Uttappam
For thin Soya Dosa
- 50 gms Raw Rice
- 25 gms Soya Bean - Dried
- 3 tbsp Urud Dal
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Onions finely chopped
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies
- Coriander Leaves handful
For the Regular Dosa
- Wash and soak Rice and Urad Dal together. Soak Soya bean separately. Since dried Soya bean was used, soaked all for about 6 hrs.
- Then grind everything to get a smooth batter. Let it ferment overnight.
- When you want to make the dosas, heat a Tawa and pour a ladleful of batter and spread as a circle. Sprinkle oil and cook on both sides.
For making the Uttappam
- Uttappam can be made by adding the onions, chilies and coriander. Just ensure you have a thin batter and cook these uttappams on low flame.
This makes a great change and very healthy too!