Mocha Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes are Eggless cupcakes with mocha flavours. This is frosted with Mocha chocolate ganache and makes a pretty party dessert!
Can’t really believe that yet another month passed by and I had managed to do the Bake a thon without much hassle. I had today’s post ready, based on M and I had planned on making something related to Mocha. While I read extensively on what actually makes a Mocha, it was interesting to note how exactly a term gets changed over time. Mocha now refers to anything instant coffee, topped with cocoa powder, or even the filter coffee where a hot steam of water is pressed over coffee and get that characteristic aroma and taste.
I enjoyed making this with instant coffee powder and filter coffee decoction as well. I had the filter coffee decoction mixed in the milk and used that to make the cupcakes. I must say these cupcakes were one of the bests that I have tasted, both in texture and taste. And I had frosted with Mocha Chocolate Coffee Ganache with candy sprinkles on top.
I have managed to complete an alphabet series minus one for I, and almost thought I should make it till Z. Maybe sometime I will do it.
I hope you enjoyed this series.
Step By Step Pictures for making Mocha Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes
Mocha Chocolate Ganache Frosting
Mocha Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes ~ Egg less
For the Mocha Cupcakes
- 1 cup – All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 1 tsp – Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup – Sugar, powdered
- 1.5 tbsp – Cocoa Powder
- 5 tbsp – Butter – softened, unsalted
- 1/2 to 3/4th cup – Milk (start with 1/2 cup and go till 3/4th)
- 1 tsp – Instant Coffee Powder
- 1/2 tsp – Vanilla Essence
For the Mocha Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- 1/2 cup – Chocolate Compound, chopped
- 4 tbsp – Dark Chocolate Compound, chopped
- 2 tbsp – Instant Coffee Powder
- 1.25 cup – Butter – softened, unsalted
- 4 tbsp – Fresh Cream
How to make the Mocha Cupcakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C. Line the cupcake moulds with paper cupcake liners or if you have thick liners have them ready.
- In a bowl sift maida, baking powder, cocoa powder.
- Cream sugar and butter till it’s light and fluffy, add vanilla essence, coffee powder.
- Now add the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients and combine it gently.
- Next add milk till and gently fold till you get a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the moulds. Bake at 180 degrees for 12 mins. Check the denseness with a knife or a toothpick inserted into the cupcake.
- Mine was done by 12 mins, I still kept it for another 2 mins.
- Take the cupcakes out of the oven. Let them cool entirely before frosting.
- Frost with Mocha Chocolate Ganache.
How to make the Frosting
- In a Microwave bowl, melt the Milk chocolate and dark chocolate compound for a min. Remove and temper well.
- Again add the butter and cream, MW for a minute. Stir well and again MW for a minute.
- Depending on the thickness you want you can MW the ganache.
- Once the Mocha Frosting is cooled, top it on the cupcakes, sprinkle sparklers and serve.
- Adjust the milk quantity according to your batter’s smoothness.
- You can increase or decrease according to your coffee tolerance.