Chennai Chicken 65 is a deep fried chicken starter with marinated spices and works as a delicious party starter. This is an easy to make starter dish.
Since kids love chicken we have to plan for different dishes and they love starters. So Amma saw this in a tv program and wanted to try it at home. She tweaked it to our taste and kids loved it very much.
This chicken starter needs marination, so plan for it well ahead and let it marinate. The spices used in this chicken is easily available in your pantry. We mostly plan these starters on Sunday, so we have to plan early so that it can rest for a while.
Now coming to the name, Chicken 65 is a popular chicken dish, and I really have no idea on how and why it was named as Chicken 65.
PIN This for Later!
Ingredients Used in Chennai Chicken 65
For the crispy texture, we use rice flour so that the fried chicken comes out crispy.
We have used chopped green chilies, pepper powder and red chili powder.
To bind the pieces, we add egg and that adds to the flavour as well.
Other Chicken Starters can be found
Chennai Chicken 65
- 1/2 kg Chicken
- 1 tsp Garlic finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 2 to 3 nos Green Chilies
- 1 no Egg
- Handful Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Rice Flour
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
- Wash and chop the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Add ginger garlic, salt, lemon juice to the chicken pieces and marinate for 4 hrs.
- Next add Coriander powder, pepper powder, chopped green chilies, Curry leaves, add red chili powder, and egg.
- Mix well and finally add rice flour and mix well.
- Heat a kadai with oil and deep fry in batches and drain on a kitchen towel.