We are starting the third week of BM#66 with a theme on Sandwich without Breads. The idea was to come up with dishes that can be called as a sandwich and made using different dishes instead of bread. I have some interesting dishes under this Sandwich without Bread and wanted to come up with more ideas.
I knew these will be revolving around kids as I couldn’t think of dishes for elders and also making these kid-friendly dishes make it easy for me as these serve as a good snack when they are at home.
For day 1, I have an Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies sandwiched with No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream topped with Dark Chocolate Chip. Yes, its chocolate overload and my kids don’t complain. All of them were so taken in by these and wanted more. I have yet another kid friendly dish for their snack!
Other Sandwich without Bread Recipes:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Servings 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter Unsalted at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar Granulated
- 1.5 cups All purpose flour / Maida
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- A pinch Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chip / Chocolate Chunks
- 3/4 cups Chocolate Chips
Egg Replacer for 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Egg Replacer
- 3 tbsp Water
- Wisk the egg replacer with water until fluffy and let it rest for few mins.
- In a bowl, cream the butter along with sugars till well mixed. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla essence and combine well.
- Now add the egg replacer to the dough along with chocolate chips and chunks. Combine everything well.
- The dough will be little on the dryer side. You can flatten using your palm.
- Preheat the oven to 185 C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, Pinch equal balls, flatten and place them with enough space for it to spread.
- Once preheat done, bake these at 185C for 8 to 10 mins. Please have an eye for the cookies to brown on the sides. The cookies cook as they cool down.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Chocolate Ice Cream
- I used my no churn 2 ingredient Ice Cream with Ganache mixed in and set in overnight.
- Take 2 chocolate chip cookies, on one cookie, scoop in chocolate ice cream, top it with dark Chocolate chips, press another cookie over it and freeze for 5 to 7 mins before serving.