We are starting the third week of BM#66 with a theme on Sandwich without Breads. The idea was to come up with dishes that can be called a sandwich and made using different dishes instead of bread. I have some interesting dishes under this Sandwich without Bread and wanted to come up with more ideas.
I knew these will be revolving around kids as I couldn't think of dishes for elders and also making these kid-friendly dishes make it easy for me as these serve as a good snack when they are at home.
For day 1, I have Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies sandwiched with No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream topped with Dark Chocolate Chip. Yes, it's chocolate overload, and my kids don't complain. All of them were so taken in by these and wanted more. I have yet another kid-friendly dish for their snack!
Other Sandwich without Bread Recipes:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup Butter Unsalted at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar Granulated
- 1.5 cups All purpose flour / Maida
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- A pinch Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chip / Chocolate Chunks
- 3/4 cups Chocolate Chips
Egg Replacer for 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Egg Replacer
- 3 tbsp Water
- Wisk the egg replacer with water until fluffy and let it rest for few mins.
- In a bowl, cream the butter along with sugars till well mixed. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla essence and combine well.
- Now add the egg replacer to the dough along with chocolate chips and chunks. Combine everything well.
- The dough will be little on the dryer side. You can flatten using your palm.
- Preheat the oven to 185 C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, Pinch equal balls, flatten and place them with enough space for it to spread.
- Once preheat done, bake these at 185C for 8 to 10 mins. Please have an eye for the cookies to brown on the sides. The cookies cook as they cool down.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Chocolate Ice Cream
- I used my no churn 2 ingredient Ice Cream with Ganache mixed in and set in overnight.
- Take 2 chocolate chip cookies, on one cookie, scoop in chocolate ice cream, top it with dark Chocolate chips, press another cookie over it and freeze for 5 to 7 mins before serving.