Eggless Strawberry Tea Cake is baked with fresh strawberries and is very mild in sweetness as I was looking at making my Tea Cakes even more sugarless. All the previous Teacakes which used about 3/4 cup Condensed milk or sugar was still a little sweet for my liking and I thought I must reduce it further and experiment.
This Teacake turns out excellent with just a wee bit of sweetness that makes it perfect to snack on. There is nobody to snack on this cake, other than Peddu who is a great fan of Strawberry. He had his share in the morning the moment it came out of the oven and liked it a lot. I am hoping he will complete the entire batch.
I have even replaced a major part of the butter with cooking oil, to see if the texture comes out good. The texture was perfect with that sponginess to spring back and the right amount of richness with the butter I added.
So make the best of the Strawberry Season and make this.
Step by Step Pictures for Eggless Strawberry Tea Cake
Eggless Strawberry Tea Cake
- 1 & 1/4 cups All purpose flour / Maida
- 2/3 cup Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Strawberry puree
- 2 tsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Strawberry sliced for garnish on top
- In a bowl take the condensed milk, add butter, cooking oil, fresh strawberry puree, and blend well.
- Next add the baking powder and baking soda, whisk and let it stand for 5 mins. Then add the flour and gently fold in. Finally, add milk to make a smoother batter.
- Preheat the oven to 185 C. Line a baking loaf with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the tin and pat it down. Garnish with the sliced strawberry.
- Bake for 35 mins at 170 C.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing.