Mutton Keema Biryani is an easy one pot meal made with minced meat, spices with rice cooked for a delicious meal.
My kids love Mutton Keema Masala and we used to frequently make it for them. They like it mixed with rice and eat. For a change Amma thought she would make this biryani from the Rice cooker cookbook. The biryani was easy to make and Konda enjoyed it. My boys are not quick to like a new dish and would usually come around the second time.
This Keema Biryani is a one pot meal, where it is cooked in the Rice Cooker. We used a regular wide pan that we normally use for making biryanis. It uses the regular biryani spices and is an easy one to make. We are starting our BM#115 Week 4 where I will be sharing some Biryanis we have made over many months.
I haven’t been able to share many of the dishes as I have been busy with Mega BM and WFH is very hard to manage as well. I will be sharing some nonveg biryanis that my Kids enjoyed.
Ingredients Used to make Keema Biryani
Soaking the meat in curds and cooking it in spices makes this a delicious biryani.
This is an easy to make one pot biryani that can be rustled up quickly.
Serve this with just onion raita
PIN This for Later!
Minced Meat Biryani
For the rice
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 4 - 4.5 cups Water
- 1/2 kg Minced Meat
- 4 Onions
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp Shahjeera
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves
- 5 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Curds
To be ground to a paste
- 3 inch Garlic
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 3 to 4 Green Chilies
- 2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 2 tsp Fennel
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Cardamoms
- 2 inch Cinnamon
- Was the meat and squeexe it dry.
- Mix with 1/2 cup Curds and allow it to soak for half an hour.
- Heat a nonstick pan with ghee, add the whole spices and saute for a minute.
- Then add the sliced onions and let it brown well.
- Add the ground paste along with salt and let it simmer for 5 to 7 mins until it is well cooked.
- Now add the mint and coriander leaves.
- Add the meat with curds and cook on high until all the liquid is absorbed and the meat is slightly browned.
- Adjust the seasoning and add the rice along with water.
- Cook on high until the water boils over.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 10 mins until the rice is cooked.
- Serve with onion raita