Oats Broken Wheat Idlis is a wonderful option when you are looking for a variety in your breakfast. This uses oats and broken wheat and doesn't require much soaking and fermentation.
This is part of Vegetarian Meal Ideas for dinner for BM#72 Week 3
Oats Broken Wheat Idlis
To be soaked
- 2 cups Oats
- 1 cup Broken Wheat
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- Cashew Nuts handful
- Soak both Broken wheat and Oats seperately in water for 1/2 hrs. Then mix together.
- Saute the tempering ingredients in oil, add to the batter
- Then add the chopped green chilies, coriander leaves along with ginger garlic paste.Mix well.
- Adjust seasoning, water if required. It should be regular idli batter consistency.
- Pour into greased idli moulds and steam for 15 mins.
- Serve with Sambar