Goan Milk Cream is a fudge made with Milk, Sugar, and Cashews. It is a simple 3 ingredient recipe, that requires some muscle work and time as well. Since I don't have both right now, I decided to resort to simpler and quick methods to make this sweet.
I came to know about this recipe from Simran when she visited me last week. I offered her the Chocolate fudge and told her that I was clueless for day 3. She immediately suggested this dish she made during her 30 day Christmas special she did a couple of years ago. I happened to read her list just a few weeks back and remember bookmarking this sweet for this theme. Somehow I forgot about it and was happy to be reminded again.
This Milk Cream is a sweet that's made for Christmas in Goa and one of the simplest ones must say. It is also very moldable as it needs to be pressed in some molds. I felt making this in the microwave is one of the simplest methods we can use if we are busy. I also feel reducing all that milk, slogging over a stove is not the best ways of spending time.
We are visiting our SIL's for Sankranthi, and I am carrying this for them as my niece and nephew are fond of milk sweets. I was planning on baking some cookies, which have been postponed one too many times. I am hoping the evening will yield better results.
Now for the simplest milk sweet which is the theme for this weeks BM#72.
Step by Step Pictures for making Goan Milk Cream
Goan Milk Cream
- 1/4 cup Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Cashew Nuts
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Soak the cashew nuts in water it it is soft. Might take about an hour or so. I ended up soaking overnight.
- Grind to a smooth paste with few drops of water.
- In a microwave safe bowl, take the cashew paste along with condensed milk and sugar. Microwave for 6 to 7 mins in intervals of 30 secs.
- It can be frustrating to cook in intervals of 30 secs. However if you are using a taller MW bowl, you can cook for a minute straight.
- Ensure to smooth and blend the mix well with a strong spoon. This makes sure there are no lumps formed.
- The mixture is very pliable and mouldable as the nut butter that might get formed helps.
- Allow to cool and pinch out small balls. Roll well between your palms to make the ball smooth.
- Push it down on the mould you want to use.