Eggless Chocolate Tea Cake with Dark Chocolate Chips is the next in the list of Tea Cakes that got done. Of course, I can't leave the chocolate very far right. I must say this is one of the best cakes I have baked in recent times. This tastes absolutely divine and sinful. I can image what a Ganache would have done to this. Since I was aiming at mildly sweet, snack time cakes, this works out best. In fact, the chocolate chips made it very sweet. You can bake it without those.
I was almost not baking it as I was feeling down. Then thinking about it, I realised this hardly takes time, and as I thought getting things done was about 5 mins and it gets baked within 30 mins. Works out best for kids snack box. My kids didn't know I baked it as they were not at home. They would have got a surprise when they check out their snack box today.
Other Tea Cakes
Check out the crumb, how beautiful it looks!
Step by Step pictures for making Basic Eggless Chocolate Tea Cake
Basic Eggless Chocolate Tea Cake with Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup All purpose flour /Maida
- 3/4 cup Sugar powdered
- 1/2 cup Curds /Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips for garnish on top
- A pinch of Salt
- Powder the sugar and trasfer to a bowl. Add curds, oil, baking powder, baking soda, salt and beat well. Let it sit for 10 mins.
- Then sift the cocoa powder, flour into the bowl. Add the chocolate chips and gently blend together using a spatula. Finally top it with the rest of the dark chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven at 185°C.
- Line a baking loaf tray with a parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking tray and bake at 185°C for about 30-35 minutes.
- Check if the cake is done with a sharp knife. Let it rest for 10 mins.
- Slice and serve