Instant Podi Sevai is a quick meal that you are cooking for One. Instant Sevai is used here to make breakfast and is good to pack.
When Cooking for One, you can't get any better than Instant Podi Sevai. In this quick tiffin, you can use instant sevai that is available easily and quickly rustle up this breakfast.
I used these quick Sevai and tempered with seasoning and Amma's Podi. Since I was making it for the first time, I add salt to the sevai. However, the Podi has salt and you can ignore it. You can add some channa dal and cashews for extra crunch.
I recently ate this in a restaurant and wanted to make it right away. So while doing the first week on Cooking for One, this was something that I could make for myself very quickly!
Sevai is very similar to noodles and is made with rice flour. We make Idiyappam and Sevai make different dishes for breakfast or dinner.
PIN This Instant Podi Sevai for Later!
Step by Step pictures for making this quick Sevai
Instant Podi Sevai
- 1 cup Sevai
- 2 tsp Amma's Podi
- 1/2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad dal
- Cashew Nuts
- Curry Leaves handful
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Take the required Instant Sevai in a bowl. Add hot water over it and keep it covered for 3 mins.
- When the sevai is cooked, drain and keep it aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan with oil, temper with oil, mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal and cashews.
- Add turmeric powder and salt.
- Now add the drained sevai and mix well. Add the podi at this stage and toss well. Add ghee at the end.