When Cooking for One, you can't get any better than Instant Podi Sevai. In this quick tiffin you can use instant sevai that is available easily and quickly rustle up this breakfast.
I used Instant Sevai and tempered with seasoning and Amma's Podi. Since I was making it for the first time, I add salt to the sevai. However the Podi has salt and you can ignore. You can add some channa dal and cashews for extra crunch.
I recently ate this in a restaurant and wanted to make it right away. So while doing the first week on Cooking for One, this was something that I could make for myself very quickly!.
Step by Step pictures for making Instant Podi Sevai
Instant Podi Sevai
- 1 cup Sevai
- 2 tsp Amma's Podi
- 1/2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad dal
- Cashew Nuts
- Curry Leaves handful
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Take the required Instant Sevai in a bowl. Add hot water over it and keep it covered for 3 mins.
- When the sevai is cooked, drain and keep it aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan with oil, temper with oil, mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal and cashews.
- Add turmeric powder and salt.
- Now add the drained sevai and mix well. Add the podi at this stage and toss well. Add ghee at the end.