This Instant Tomato Onion Dosa is an easy-to-make dosa that hardly takes time yet is so delicious to taste.
We have been making some new dosa dishes off late after I created a Pinterest Board on 101 Dosa Varieties.
So this is the next in the series that Amma saw on a TV Show. We already have another Tomato Dosa that is very delicious. We wanted to see if this one stands for the same.
The chef called this Uttappam, however when you spread thick dosas, it didn't turn out so good. Thin crispy dosas with onions and green chilies were good.
Summer vacation started for my kids and with the heat being so strong, they are clueless on how to spend the day. I will also have to come up with summer snacks for them to enjoy.
While this batter takes about 3 hours to soak, I have another batter and more rich with tomatoes that only takes about 1.5 hours to get done. Check out this Instant Thakkali Dosai for details.
PIN This Instant Tomato Onion Dosa for Later!
Instant Tomato Onion Dosa
For the Batter
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1/2 cup Urad dal
- 2 medium Tomatoes ripe
- 1 tsp Salt
For the topping
- 1 medium Onions finely chopped
- 3 nos Green Chilies
- 1 inch Ginger
- Wash and soak the rice and urad dal separately for 3 hours.
- Change water couple of times, and grind the rice and urad dal separately. Then make a puree of the tomatoes, add to the ground batter, add salt and grind everything together again.
- Have the vegetables chopped and keep it ready.
- Heat a Tawa and grease with oil. Pour a ladleful of batter, swirl around to spread as a dosa. Sprinkle the onions, green chillies on top.
- Cook on simmer, flip on the other side, cook till onions are browned.
- Serve hot with Red Chilli Coconut Chutney