We have been making some new dosa dishes off late after I created a Pinterest Board on 101 Dosa Varieties
So this is the next in the series that Amma saw in a TV Show. We already have another Tomato Dosa that is very delicious. We wanted to see if this one stands to the same.
The chef called this Uttappam, however when you spread thick dosas, it didn't turn out so good. Thin crispy dosas with onions and green chillies were good.
Summer vacation started for my kids and with the heat being so strong, they are clueless on how to spend the day. I will also have to come up with summer snacks for them to enjoy.
Instant Tomato Onion Dosa
Instant Tomato Onion Dosa requires no fermentation. All you need to remember to do is to soak the ingredients the previous night to have an instant breakfast for the morning.
Servings 2 people
For the Batter
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1/2 cup Urad dal
- 2 medium Tomatoes ripe
- 1 tsp Salt
For the topping
- 1 medium Onions finely chopped
- 3 nos Green Chilies
- 1 inch Ginger
- Wash and soak the rice and urad dal separately for 3 hours.
- Change water couple of times, and grind the rice and urad dal separately. Then make a puree of the tomatoes, add to the ground batter, add salt and grind everything together again.
- Have the vegetables chopped and keep it ready.
- Heat a Tawa and grease with oil. Pour a ladleful of batter, swirl around to spread as a dosa. Sprinkle the onions, green chillies on top.
- Cook on simmer, flip on the other side, cook till onions are browned.
- Serve hot with Red Chilli Coconut Chutney
Red Chilli Coconut Chutney is served along with this
This goes for the April Week 4, Cooking from Cookbook Challenge Group.