Alfredo Pasta is a creamy comforting easy to make dish for family dinners. When you are running out of ideas on what to make for a quick dinner, this pasta recipe is the best and most simple to make.
Family Dinners are the best time to spend time with family and that also requires you plan well to have a balanced meal for all. Be it a regular weekday dinner or weekend, quick meals always help. However, when you are planning for a party, especially for kids, it is very important you include dishes that are liked by all.
When I planned for a Pyjama Party, I had to make sure I had a dish for all the kids. Alfredo Pasta was the best fit for it. Since Konda and Peddu love Burgers and Toasts, I had to plan a meal for Chinnu. He loves Pasta and I always make him simple white sauce pastas like the Fusilli with Alfredo Sauce or the Domino's Style White Pasta Italiano.
Today's pasta recipe can be part of another Quick & Easy Family Dinner Ideas. When you have questions like "What should I make for family dinner?" or what can be part of a good menu for a dinner party? these quick dishes come to the rescue.
Why am I talking about Family Dinner Ideas?
Well, I am going to be sharing some Easy Family Dinner Ideas as part of my BM's AtoZ Series. So my theme for this week is going to be AtoZ Easy Family Dinner Ideas.
I had been on a break to update my sites and fix the issues. I have fixed the issues, though making all the changes needed is still a long way to go. After the Mega BM themed on Thalis & Spreads, I couldn't share any recipes.
And I had literally cooked so much for the theme on both blogs, I have a rich draft. This theme will feature dishes that I have been cooking for my family, it's mostly dinner dishes, though no harm in making it for breakfast or for any meal.
These quick family dinners will feature different meal types like pasta, pizzas, and even cakes and desserts. I have made sure I have them in AtoZ order and mostly very easy to make.
A to Z series will run until end of this year, featuring three alphabets each month. For this month, it is going to be A, B and C.
For A, I have Alfredo Fusilli Pasta
Some quick dishes for easy family dinners
PIN This for Later!
Step By Step Pictures for Alfredo Pasta
What is Alfredo Sauce used in making Alfredo Pasta?
Alfredo Sauce is a white sauce made with butter, parmesan cheese, and pasta. Over the years, the sauce has surely taken a lot of variations, including garlic, and cream for a saucier consistency. Alfredo Pasta can include meat, vegetables, and heavy cream.
In today's recipe, I have used cream cheese, fresh cream along with cheese like parmesan and cheddar. I am not sure if there is any authentic recipe, however, I improvised on what I have read online and used ingredients that my kid will enjoy.
What type of Pasta can be used to make this dish?
I have seen penne, Spaghetti, Macaroni pasta being used. I would say you can just about use any pasta you have on hand.
What is the difference between white sauce and Alfredo sauce?
Well, if this sauce is using almost the same ingredients, how is it different. Well, white sauce is a roux of butter and flour, blended with milk. You can season it with salt and pepper and other ingredients like cheese and herbs as well.
On the other hand, Alfredo uses cheese like Parmesan and can have garlic, without flour.
Alfredo Pasta ~ AtoZ Easy Family Dinner Ideas
- 1 cup Pasta I used Fusilli pasta
- 5 to 6 cloves Garlic crushed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 2 tbsp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry Mixed Herbs
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
Cooking the Pasta
- In a large pan, take water and bring it to a boil. Once the water starts rolling boil, add a pinch of salt and oil
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook in the boiling water until it is al dente. Pasta will take about 9 to 10 mins to get cooked.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain the water and pour normal water over it to cook further cooking of the pasta.
- Drizzle some oil on top of the pasta and make sure to coat all of the pasta with the oil.
To make the Alfredo Pasta Sauce
- In a saucepan, add butter. When it is melted and mixed well add cream cheese, cream, and milk.
- Combine everything well and add in salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Stir well and simmer until the sauce begins to boil and everything is dissolved well and mix completely.
To make the Alfredo Fusilli Pasta
- Heat a pan with olive oil, add crushed garlic and saute well.
- At this stage, you can add vegetables or meat as per your choice. However, I made quick and easy Alfredo Pasta with just the sauce.
- Now add the cooked pasta and toss well.
- Finally stir in the grated parmesan cheese, adjust seasoning as per taste and serve them hot.