Make this Gujarati gol papdi when you quickly want to make a sweet for your unexpected guests or your sudden craving for sweets. This is a quick dish to make.
For the third day of Indian Sweets, I made Golpapdi, the famous Gujarati Sweets. I have this bookmarked for a long time and have been wanting to make it ever since I had made the Gujarati Thali. Even though the recipe was so simple and quick to make, I somehow couldn't make it. I finally made it and all it took was just about 10 mins.
I made it with just 1 cup knowing there are no takers other than Hubby dear. The sweet is so quick to make and gets done in no time. The only thing we should remember is to use Jaggery that doesn't have sand in it. Athamma always used to get it from Andhra for eating directly, otherwise, the jaggery we get should be melted, impurities removed before using it for various sweets. Since I had the regular ones, we sadly had to adjust to them.
For a quick instant sweet, you can make Gol papdis anytime!
I have quite a few Gujarati Dishes shared on both of my sites. Like this Gujarati Dhebra aur Sabzi Thali I made for the Mega BM, Methi Na Dhebra, or for some Gujarati Menus Ideas and Recipes, Hariyali Paratha. Some chats like Surati Collegian Chat Recipe.
Step by Step pictures for making Gujarati Gol papdi
Golpapdi | How to make Gujarati Gol Papdi
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 3/4 cup Jaggery
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- In a nonstick pan, melt the ghee and roast the wheat flour for 5 mins, on low flame, making sure you keep stirring for the flour to get roasted well.
- When you start getting the aroma of roasted flour, switch off the gas, add the jaggery and mix into the flour well.
- Have a greased plate close by. When the flour and the jaggery is combined well, add to the plate and press well.
- Wait for it to cool down a bit, before marking out the shapes.
- Serve right away or store in a box.