Learn how to make this crispy honey chilli potato at home with this easy recipe. This homemade honey chili potato makes an excellent snack and very much like the restaurant style starters!
When it comes to Indo Chinese dishes, these Indo Chinese Honey Chilli Potato dish with Sesame Seeds is simply awesome. This snack is almost a dry snack except for the honey glaze on top. Planning my Indo Chinese Platter, I decided to have these crispy honey chilli potatoes for starters.
We loved the crispy potato wedges with tossed sesame seeds and the sweetish honey glaze. You can adjust how spicy you want this dish with the amount of chili sauce you add.
For H in the A to Z Easy Family Dinner Ideas, you can make this crispy Honey Chili Potato as a starter or snack for your Kids.
More Indo Chinese Party Starter
Indo Chinese Meal Ideas
- Schezwan Fried Rice | How to make Schezwan Fried Rice
- Yellow Bell Pepper, Corn Fried Rice
- Egg Fried Rice Recipe | How to make Egg Fried Rice | Step By Step Recipe | Weekend Cooking
- Chicken Fried Rice Indian Style | How to make Chicken Fried Rice Step By Step Recipe
- Chinese Fried Rice with Cauliflower Manchurian!
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Vegetarian Hakka Noodles | Hakka Vegetable Noodles Microwave Recipe | Step by Step Recipe
- Garlic Noodles | Chinese Style Garlic Noodles
PIN this Honey Chilli Potato Recipe for Later!
Step By Step Pictures for making Crispy Honey Chilli Potato at Home
Have all the vegetables prepared and ready. Make the sauce first and when it is almost ready, you can fry the wedges and remove.
Add the fried potatoes to the sauce and toss well. Add sesame seeds
Honey Chilli Potato Recipe
Ingredients for Honey Chilli Potato Recipe
For Potato Wedges
- 2 large Potatoes sliced into wedges
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1/2 tsp Pepper coarsely crushed
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
For Honey Chilli Potato:
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 2 clove Garlic crushed
- 2 no Green Chilli
- 1/4 cup Spring Onion Greens finely chopped
- 1/8 cup Carrots
- 1/8 cup Cabbage
- 1/8 cup Capsicum
- Handful Spring Onions bulbs
- 1/4 cup Onions cubed
- 1 tsp Green Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds roasted
How to make Honey Chilli Sauce
- Heat a kadai with oil and saute garlic, green chilli and spring onion bulbs.
- When they turn slightly cooked, add the finely chopped capsicum and other vegetables.
- Saute till the veggies are done and not yet soggy.
- In a small bowl, add the corn flour and water, make a slurry. To this add all the sauces, vinegar and combine well.
- Add this sauces the pan with veggies and mix well.
Frying the Potatoes
- Heat a kadai with enough oil
- Peel the skin and slice into 1 inch wedges.
- Sprinkle salt and corn flour, deep fry in batches.
- Drain to a bowl.
Making the Honey Chilli Potato
- When the sauce is all done, add the crispy wedges to the pan and toss
- Add sesame seeds and honey and toss again.
- Remove and serve right away.